The Brewpoint Triple Bottom Line
1. Create a social impact by creating authentic community spaces. With the expansion of Brewpoint Craft, we are opening safe, creative spaces to connect the community. We will also continue our social mission in the coffee world by providing coffee farmers $1/pound or more above Fair Trade standards.
2. Create an environmental impact by making at least one environmentally- conscious change within our business every quarter.
3. Create an economic impact by building a transparent business that creates a fair system to not only shareholders, but to the employees, community, and to our farmers and vendors. With the expansion of Brewpoint Craft, we're diversifying our revenue streams to ensure everyone can flourish for the long haul.
The Brewpoint Eco-System
We aim to be a company that has 75% social minorities employed (including gender, race, economic status, age, etc.)
Our Environmental Goals
As a company, we are committed to owning our role as responsible stewards of this environment. To hold ourselves accountable to this commitment, we will implement one change every quarter to our products, supplies, or systems that are environmentally sustainable.
Here are some examples of some changes
we’ve implemented in 2019- 2020
- Switched from straw lids to straw-less sip lids
- Switched to distributing sticker stoppers versus plastic stirrers/stoppers
- Using Bio-tre packaging for all our coffee products
- Brewpoint Tumbler Program
People and Planet First
- Paying our staff above new minimum wage requirements and building towards a living wage.
- Paying our farmers $1 more per pound than what Fair Trade standards require.
- Donating 1% of all our green coffee purchases to World Coffee Research to combat climate change and invest in the sustainability of specialty coffee.
- Choosing environmentally thoughtful products even if it's more expensive, because only prioritizing price often causes harm to our planet.
Our staff, our farmers, and our planet deserves better. Partner with us as
strive to build an ecosystem that puts people and planet first.
Our Commitment To Our Team
we want to do better than that because our staff works hard to provide a
top notch coffee experience. Our plan is to go from $9/hr to $12/hr
(base pay not including tips) in the next 3 years.
Our Commitment to the Environment
everything that needs to be done to combat global warming. That is why
we are setting goals for ourselves. Brewpoint is committed to change one
thing per quarter that prioritizes our world's well-being first and
Our Partnerships/ Suppliers
Our Coffee Impact
WCR is the only organization in the world applying advanced agricultural science for coffee on a world-wide, collaborative basis. WCR is developing the next generation of high yielding, climate resilient coffee varieties, while increasing quality in the cup. In addition, WCR is conducting the first global research to drive best agricultural practices, minimize inputs and environmental impacts, and maximize farmer incomes.
1) District 205 Transition Program
"Providing transition services and supports in community settings to students ages 18-21 with intellectual disabilities allows students to expand their independence, self-advocacy, employment, and social and community integration during their final years of mandated public schooling."
2) Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy (ELSA)
"The Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy (ELSA) is a four-year, post-secondary certificate program for young adults, ages 18-28, with differing abilities."